Saturday, August 4, 2007

Kindred Friend

This is a poem that I wrote about a year ago when i was transitioning from high school to college. At the time I really didn't understand that I was going to lose a lot of friends and many people would change including myself. Last night I read the poem for the first time since I had wrote and it was a trip so tell if you like it or whatever!!! Here it is:

Kindred Friend

Somebody to care for me, love me, come see about me
But its not just about m.e. its also about he or she
I’m just wondering will they ever come
Or is it a figment of my imagination
Or are my emotions having déjà vu
Will my kindred friend ever be true
Will he or she ever have life and if so with me
I’m sick of these false and unreal affinities
I’m morbid of the vogue friendship
I’m only in this for the convenience of your leisure
Not to love me because of me
But to satisfy your boredom for the day
It is not your fault in its entirety for I allowed it
But today it stops don’t be shocked about it
I presuppose my kindred friend will come along
I will no longer indulge your false fancy of acquaintanceship
For I have found the meaning of Kindred friendship
I desire it so I will not tolerate the misuse of my time
To befriend those who couldn’t appreciate my gifts of love, compassion, and time
My kindred friendship will come in time
For God is Love and Love comes in time


1:09 a.m. on 07/16/06

1 comment:

Alise_07 said...

This Poem Was Great! You Have Inspired Me To Write One! And You Do Realize Who Your Real Friends Are After High School!