Monday, October 1, 2007

FeAr...


My favorite quote: Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

I try to live by this quote because in retrospect I have missed out on a lot of thing because of this small four letter word. FEAR seems so big when heard but so small in essence. Often time we make assumptions and fear comes into play and after you went ahead a step our on that five letter word FAITH you were okay. I had to write about this because I found myself in fear about something so simple and decided that today it was not going to block me of any more blessings that might be heading my way. I shall fear no man because it is He who guides me. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in what other people say or think but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. They are just WORDS which is another small word. Sometimes we don't see the power or the lack thereof in some of things that we let consume our lives. I thought that I didn't care what people said when in reality I did care what specific people said. Especially people that were close to me and I have learned that they will be the ones to hurt you the most not because of what they said but because you let what they had to say carry more than what it really did. For instance, someone that I have never met before could insult me and I would give it two thoughts but if my bestfriend or sister were to say it i would be torn but WHY i asked myself. It doesn't really matter what neither of them think but i am not a perfect individual and long as I know who I am and whose I am this everyone is just extra. YA feel me. This was totally random just had to put somethings in perspective. I am continually learning more about myself. I leave you with this note: SELF EVALUATION IS KEY...seriously try it out sometime...people can tell you everyday you stink but until you smell yourself you won't do anything about it..tootles

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Morgan Brown.

That's completely true though. Good point about those who are closest to you meaning the most.

Sometimes I think it's meant to be that way, but it makes life so much harder.

Rainha Diana said...

I Love you more Traver Riggins!!! Thanks for reading my blog!!

Alise_07 said...

I LOvE This Blog

Its so true that the people who are the closest to you hurt you the most. Thats why you shouldnt let everyone you know get to close to you because you could end up getting your feelings hurt.

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful God blessed me with you!

While your blog is so true. Find joy in knowing that the pain caused by those you love most makes you a better stronger person. Each hurt you get through strengthens you and gives you the power to move gaints!

Love you much!

Rainha Diana said...

I'm thankful God blessed me with you too if it weren't for you i wouldn't be here!!! Love you more!

lady blue said...

Girl, tell it like it is. There's something so special about you. Love and Pain.....Deep!!!!Fear and Faith....Deeper!!!but that's life. All I can say is you're headed for something so great! Stay focused and stay real!!! love you!!!!